Friday 19 September 2008

Sunny Spain Part 2


Well I've found out some of the answers to the questions I had in my last post. The temperatures have been pretty high in the last few weeks, around 33c in the shade and up to 45c in the full sun. My watercolours dried and cracked up in the pans and I thought they were ruined, which was going to cause me problems with the painting holiday coming up at the end of October. However I left them to soak in warm water overnight, and lo and behold, the next day they were fine! I can't tell you how relieved I was to be able to use them again. (It's not easy getting art materials in Spain.)

And there are even some advantages to the dry heat. I have had a go at a couple of oil paintings, using acrylics for the under-painting, and boy, these acrylics dry fast! Which means I can almost immediately get on and paint on top of them with the oils, which also then dry to the touch within a day or two. So, no more wet oils hanging around the house for weeks. My wife will be ever so pleased!

1 comment:

SAKHS TASSOPOULOS said...

YOUR WORK IS VERY NICE. I LIKE IT VERY MUCH