Wednesday 3 September 2008

Spanish Sun

I've just arrived in Spain with my lovely wife and we are here for two months as a prelude to moving out permanently in January '09. The sun is shining and it's very hot (over 30 c in the shade and up to 45c in the full sun), which is in such direct contrast to the UK where it had been raining and cold through the whole of the summer months.
It's going to be interesting learning to paint in this climate - my watercolours will dry quicker, and goodness knows what the heat will make of my acrylics... I've brought watercolours, acrylics, water soluble oils and coloured pencils with me to see how things work out. I'm so used to needing a hair dryer to speed up drying times back in the Lake District. Maybe I'll just need to paint faster!

There is still a little room on the course I am leading in October here in Spain, so if you have a week to spare and want some winter sunshine, then why not join me. Details are on the website.

No comments: