Tuesday 30 June 2009

The Balloon Man


Here's the latest small pochade painting, taken from a photo but painted as quickly as I could. The balloon seller was sitting in deep shadow and looked really bored and he contrasted so well with his coloured balloons he just made a great subject.

I had an 'Aha!' moment whilst doing this painting and I want to explore a new painting strategy which if it works out well, I'll incorporate into a new course on oil and colour.

I've now decided to sell some of my smaller paintings over the net, so if you're interested just look at my website at www.learntodo.co.uk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the light in this and the way you have painted the balloons, lovely colours without being over the top. Lovely painting.

I admire your pochade paintings very much.