Saturday 19 July 2008

Credit Crunch

The downturn in the economy in the USA and in Britain is hitting us all hard. I've certainly noticed a big decrease in the number of people singing up for my online courses, and this is very unusual in the 31/2 years I've been running them. Money is just getting tight, and I suppose that art courses are one of those non-essential expenses that go first when folks tighten their belts.

However I've always tried to keep the courses at a reasonable price (there are some very expensive courses out there!), and I hope that this will continue to attract people to sign up for them. I've even now reduced the price of the watercolour course for anyone signing up for news and info. So, even though times are tough, let's not let it get us down, and let's cheer ourselves up by getting out those pencils and paints and enjoying our art.

No comments: