Monday 21 April 2008

April Painting Holiday




If you happened to be out and about in the hills around Keswick in the Lake District last week you may have come across a group of slightly frozen artists. I had eight delightful painters with me for a week of sketching and painting in the Lake District, and every day we managed to get out into the countryside despite the biting wind. I think they all deserve some kind of medal for bravery! We had many laughs along the way, and really enjoyed each other's company as we had a go at painting this beautiful and slightly over-awing scenery. My thanks to all who took part in making this such a memorable week.

I remember painting in even colder weather once, when my paint froze on the paper before it had a chance to dry, and ice crystals appeared in the paint box. I've heard that you can prevent this by adding gin to your water - but that seems to me to be a bit of a waste!

No comments: